Sunday, October 01, 2006

Tick, tick, tick...

It's October 1, I'm eagerly awaiting Nanowrimo 2006 (don't ask my why), and someone at HQ has dropped the ball.

Why can't I register yet? The website says I can register OCTOBER 1, but it's still stuck on 2005.

This year, for a change, I'm actually going to spend the month of October doing some planning and outlining, and maybe even a little research. Anyone who knows about Furries, please send me the info.

And does anyone remember where I found that cute meter I used last year?

12 comments:

Susan said...

What's a Furry? Is that like a ferry, misspelled?

crystal said...

Yeah, what are furries? I know what furies are, but I don't think you ant any of those :-). I wanted to do the Nano, but I'm so not ready.

crystal said...

PS - how's the leg and Howie?

Sabine said...

I must be losing my mind - I was sure I'd responded here.

Furries are grown-up people who dress in animal costumes, and, you know, hang out. I listened to a CBC radio talk show about them over the summer, and it struck me as funny.

The leg is coming along fine. I see a doctor on October 12, and I hope at that time he'll tell me it's all better. It's a lot skinnier than my other leg. I wonder if they make ass-casts.

Howie is sweet and smarter than all other dogs. Except he still pees on the floor now and then, the little creep.

How is Kermie?

crystal said...

Kermit is hanging in there, thanks. I remember about furries now ... there was an episode of CSI about them :-).

Helen said...

My mom just gave me some sort of dead-animal coat; I can go undercover and find out more about furries if you like...

Deloney said...

I saw that CSI episode. Those furry folks are freaks.

Sabine said...

Thank, Helen. You're a pal.

I'm going to have to watch some CSI reruns.

Deloney said...

There's mould growing on the gravy stain.

Unknown said...

I know, I know. I don't know why I even bother with these things.

Deloney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

Okay, okay, Nanowacko is over for this year. Back to blogging, yes?